Monday, September 05, 2005

September 5, 2005 Labor Day

A happy and safe holiday to all. This holiday is usually a "catch-up" day for me where I try to get to chores that just haven't gotten done. This Labor Day, however, I just continued to ignore the many chores that I have already ignored for weeks. The fancy and politically correct word for that is procrastination.

I spent most of the day helping my son Will install a rail on his new deck and paint walls in his house. My own chores didn't get caught up, but maybe later...

Now, I am blogging and typing with paint spots all over my hands and on my clothes. No problem with the clothes--I have an official painting outfit. I just wear the same outfit for painting each time and add more and more paint spots. I even have painting shoes--they look like somebody dropped every color of the rainbow on them.

I admit it. I am a drippy painter. That's why I really like drop cloths. The more drop cloths, the better! Even though I'm kind of messy, I enjoy painting. It's amazing to see the difference that a fresh coat of paint makes. And it's fun to try new colors in different rooms.

Got to start cleaning up my mess now.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

August -- Great Month for Korean Automakers
Autoblog is now available in Spanish . Have a hot car tip? Let us know . August - Great Month for Korean Automakers Posted Sep 6, 2005, 3:00 PM ET by Lu Zhou Related entries: Trends It's no secret Korean ...
Great blog
If you have a few minutes come and check out my
flaxseed site.
It covers a lot about flaxseed .