Saturday, April 15, 2006

April 15, 2006 I'm back!

For those of you who were concerned and asked why I wasn't blogging over the last 2+ weeks (and for those who weren't concerned but were just relieved that this blog was quiet)...

noe4accountability is at it again.

Problem--my (desktop) computer crashed. The poor thing was old, overloaded with years and years of computer junk, and just couldn't take it any longer.

I took it to a computer shop to get all my files off of the desktop and put them on an external drive. The owner of the shop got everything off of the old computer just fine.

But when she was getting ready to add new internet software to the laptop and show me how to load the old information onto the laptop, there was bad news.

The laptop was on the verge of kicking the bucket, too. It had "cookies" and old temporary internet files (going back 5 years) and all kinds of saved junk taking up computer storage space.

Computer-savvy people will know what cookies and temp internet files are. They also know (as I now know) that you have to get that junk out of your computer now and then just like you have to clean your closets now and then.

It took a while to get all these problems resolved. The laptop is cleaned up. I can use it now to get on the internet again. And, yes, I have a lots of unposted blogs ready to put out!

No comments: