Wednesday, May 20, 2009

May 20, 2009 Reminder on Anonymous Comments

Recently, I have received anonymous comments and comments that have a first name only but no true identifying information. This is a good time to refresh readers on my policy for anonymous comments.

I do not post anonymous comments or comments from sources that I can not identify. However, I do understand that occasionally there are valid reasons that someone does not want to use his/her real name on a comment, Therefore, I will protect the identity of those who have a reason to comment anonymously IF I have first confirmed the real identity of the commenter.

So...if you want your comment posted, make the comment and then send me a separate e-mail (lindacnoe@aol.com) with your name and phone number so I can verify the source of the comment. Then if you have a concern about your real name being attached to your comment, you can let me know and we can discuss whether to post your comment as "anonymous" or with a made-up name.

Thanks for reading. Thanks for commenting.

No comments: